Breast Augmentation Surgery in Aventura, FL
Saline Breast Implants, Silicone Breast Implants and More
Breast augmentation has been one of the most popular cosmetic procedures for decades. Also known as breast implants, breast augmentation allows women to increase the size and change the shape of their breasts. Breast augmentations can be done for cosmetic reasons or to replace breasts after a mastectomy.
To schedule a breast augmentation consultation, call (954) 248-3611 or contact Dr. Ferdinand Cabrera online.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a procedure to increase the size or change the shape of women's breasts. Women choose to have breast implants for any number of reasons. Breast augmentation can:
- Increase breast size
- Enhance breast volume
- Boost confidence
- Balance body proportions
- Restore breast volume lost after pregnancy
- Replace breasts lost as a result of surgery, also known as breast reconstruction
Breast augmentation is typically recommended for women over age 20, with no current health problems or infections.
It's important to keep in mind that breast augmentation is not the same procedure as a breast lift . While breast augmentation can increase the size and volume of the breasts, it cannot correct sagging breasts (for which a breast lift (mastoplexy) is required).
How Does Breast Augmentation Work?
Breast augmentation comes in two basic forms: saline breast implants and silicone breast implants. Both of these solutions are viable, yet slightly different:
- Saline breast implants: Saline breast implants involve a silicone shell filled with a sterile saline (salt water) solution. Saline breast implants have a smaller risk of complications, due to the sterility of the solution.
- Silicone breast implants: Silicone breast implants use solely the plastic gel known as silicone. Silicone breast implants tend to feel more like natural breasts, but pose a great risk of infection if leakage occurs.
The cost of breast augmentation varies depending on the nature of the procedure being performed. The breast augmentation itself takes just 1-2 hours and makes use of local anesthesia. While breast augmentation does involve an incision, most doctors will make the incision in a non-visible area. Breast implants can be made at nearly any size, within reason. The only way to determine which implant type and size is right for you is to consult with an experienced cosmetic surgeon.
Breast Augmentation Incisions & Placement
Just as important as the substance used in the creation of the breast implant is the way in which the incisions are made during surgery and how the implant is placed. Incisions and placement vary depending on the individual preference of the provider and patient.
Types of breast augmentation incisions include:
- Inframammary fold: This type of incision is made just under the breast. This is the most common and easiest form of breast augmentation. Benefits include additional physician access and no impact on nipple sensitivity.
- Periareolar: This incision is made on the lower half of each areola, the round patch that surrounds the nipple. Benefits of a periareolar incision include a barely visible scar, although this method can adversely affect nipple sensitivity.
- Transaxillary: Transaxillary incisions are made in the armpit. The biggest benefit of this type of incision is that absolutely no scar is visible on the breasts. However, this is considered a much more complicated form of breast augmentation that carries many risks and challenges.
- Transumbilical: Similarly, a transumbilical incision is made through the belly button. Then, using a special tool, saline is implanted in the breasts. This method results in the most minimal scar.
The placement of a breast implant can make a major impact on the overall appearance of the augmentation. Types of breast implant placement include:
- Subpectoral: Subpectoral breast augmentation is the most common implant procedure. Here, the implants are placed just under the pectoral muscle on each side of the chest. Benefits include a very natural looking breast, while a longer recovery time is among the drawbacks.
- Subglandular: This placement involves the implant being put underneath the mammary gland yet over the pectoral muscle. These implants generally feel softer and more natural, and have a faster recovery time.
- Subfascial: This method blends the two placements above; the implant is put between layers of pectoral muscle tissue. This provides a result that blends the benefits of the two other methods: a more natural-looking breast with a shorter recovery time.
Schedule Breast Augmentation Today
The first step to any breast augmentation procedure is to schedule a consultation. With this consultation, an experienced cosmetic surgeon can help you determine what type of augmentation fits your needs. To schedule a breast implant augmentation, call (954) 248-3611 or contact Dr. Ferdinand Cabrera online.
Genesis Health Institute
Address1001 NE 26th St
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Areas We Service:Aventura, FL, Lauderhill, FL, Parkland, FL, Sunrise, FL, Weston, FL, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Lighthouse Point, FL, Plantation, FL, Pompano Beach, FL, Miami, FL, Miami Beach, FL, North Miami Beach, FL, Boca Raton, FL, Port Everglades, FL, Sunny Isles Beach, FL