Arm Lift Procedure in Lauderhill, FL
The arm lift is a plastic surgery procedure that targets the upper arm. Much like a facelift or a thigh lift , this treatment option is designed to tighten skin and decrease laxity in a certain part of the body. Aging and weight gain take their toll on the upper arm, which can sag or droop.
Are you interested in learning more about the arm lift procedure? Call (954) 248-3611 or contact Genesis Health Institute online.
What is an Arm Lift?
An arm lift is sometimes referred to as an upper arm lift because it only affects the portion of the arm from the elbow to the shoulder. The medical term for an arm lift is brachioplasty. Patients elect to receive an arm lift procedure to:
- Reduce excess fat and skin in the underarm region
- Wear short sleeves or sleeveless clothes with confidence
- Smooth the skin and display muscle tone more prominently
- Improve proportion from the upper arm to the lower arm
- Eliminate the “bat wing” effect caused by major weight loss
It's important to note that brachioplasty is not a fat-reduction procedure. It is often paired with arm liposuction, which is a treatment specifically designed to remove large quantities of fat from the upper arm.
How Does an Arm Lift Work?
No two arm lifts are identical because every person has his or her unique arm shape and length. In general, there are two options for the arm lift procedure: limited incision and standard.
During a limited incision procedure, only a small incision is made. This option is preferable for those who seek a minor change in arm appearance and a smaller scar. During a standard procedure, the incision is larger, but it produces more drastic results as well.
During either arm lift treatment:
- In a pre-op appointment, the changes are discussed.
- Anesthesia or IV sedation is administered.
- Incisions are made on each arm, typically in the underarm region or on the inside of the arm.
- Liposuction may or may not be used to extract excess fat from the upper arm.
- Tissue in the arm is tightened and the skin is smoothed.
- The incisions are closed with stitches or staples.
- A medical dressing is applied.
After an arm lift, some amount of downtime is expected. Before the procedure, the surgeon will likely provide guidelines or advice to ensure a safe, speedy recovery.
Request Arm Lift Information Today
An arm lift is a great way to restore a youthful, toned look to your arms. If you would like to know more about the brachioplasty procedure, call (954) 248-3611 or contact Genesis Health Institute online.
Genesis Health Institute
Address1001 NE 26th St
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm